Best of 2012

This is my last post for awhile and I’ve read the last book I’m going to read for this year. Not all the books in this list were published in 2012.

Books that Stood Out:

13. The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson

Okay reads:

Broken Harbor by Tana French
Kill You Twice by Chelsea Cain

DNF:

Salvation of a Saint by Keigo Higashino tr. Alexander O. Smith

Author(s) I was happy to discover this year:

Chester Himes
Craig Johnson
Antonin Varenne
Jim Thompson
Stan Jones
Jussi Adler-Olsen
Dashiell Hammett

Thanks for reading everybody.

About Keishon

I love reading crime fiction.
This entry was posted in Lists and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Best of 2012

1. Keishonb – You’ve got a fine, fine list here. I hope we’ll hear from you again soon…

2. Argh! Sorry I misspelled your name, Keishon! *blush*

3. Sarah says:

Thanks for the list Keishon. I’m reading ‘BEd of Nails’ at the mo and really enjoying it. Loved ‘The cold Cold Ground’ too. Fingers crossed for 2013.

• Keishon says:

Hi Sarah, I’m with you. Let’s hope that 2013 is a better year for us all. So glad you are enjoying Bed of Nails. I will make sure to read your review when you finish it.

4. Sarah Tanner/Zara Keane says:

I’m so glad you enjoyed ‘A Place of Execution’! Adrian McKinty’s ‘The Cold, Cold Ground’ also made my Best of 2012 list. I must try one of Daniel Woodrell’s books.

5. colman says:

Enjoy the Christmas/New Year holiday – I’ll be back around in the new year, to annoy you with my recommendations and to pick up some more hints for a decent read or two!
    Kem Nunn – great book, Woodrell – top drawer also, take care, Col

6. I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about The Keeper of Lost Causes. Time for me to check that one out. Happy New Year!

7. David Peretz says:

Pleased to discover your blog. I hope that you’ll discover my series of Ross Cortese NYPD novels THE MOSEL LEGACY, THE BRODERICK CURSE and two months ago, VENGEANCE OUT OF THE SHADOWS. New York detective, international settings (the first deals with the rise of neo-Nazism in Austria in the ’90s; the second, international financial conspiracy). Best wishes for a happy holiday and a healthy, happy, productive New Year.
    David Peretz M.D. (www.davidperetznovels.com)

8. David Peretz says:

Misspelled my website in first post. Below its corrected. Thanks.

Comments are closed.